Monday, December 12, 2011

Cherry Delight

This recipe for Cherry Delight comes from my Aunt Beth (Dad's sister). I probably 1st had it when I was 9 or 10 yrs old. It instantly became my favorite dessert & I proceeded to request it for EVERY family gathering. Finally, when I was early in my teen years, my Aunt Beth said, "Why don't I just give you the recipe?"  (Poor lady was probably sick of making Cherry Delights!)








Cherry Delight


Topping:
2 cans of cherry pie filling (I try to get the "more cherry" kinds)


Crust: 
9-12 Tbsp of butter melted
2 cups of crushed graham crackers
1/2 cup of sugar


Mix these together & press into the bottom of a 9x13 dish.
Place in freezer while making filling.


Filling:
2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
2-8 oz blocks- Philadelphia Cream Cheese


Mix these together until smooth & then add:


1 tsp of vanilla
1/2 cup lemon juice


Continue to mix on high until well blended.  Filling will become thicker & "fluffier".


Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the crust. 


Refrigerate overnight. Put cans of cherry pie filling in refrigerator overnight as well. The next day, pour cherry pie filling on top of cream cheese mixture. 


ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment