Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mom's Cheese Ball

One the most requested things my mom (Grandma Snell to Liv) makes is her cheese ball.  Everyone always raves about it & she kept telling us it was super easy to make.  After finally getting her recipe from her, she's right! It IS really easy.  To read the ingredients you just wouldn't imagine the great flavor this cheese ball has.  Don't take my word for it...try it for yourself! :) 


Mom's Cheese Ball


1 8 oz. pkg of cream cheese
1 pkg of sliced dried beef - chopped (I use Armour Dried Beef & put it in the food processor to get it evenly chopped up)
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/3 bottle of chives
1/2 tsp. Accent (I don't use this.  Accent is MSG which we try to avoid in my household. It's found in a lot of things we eat, but I don't want to purposely put it in our food if I can avoid it. It is suppose to be a flavor enhancer, but there's loads of flavor in this cheese ball without the MSG's help.)


Mix all the ingredients together & form into a ball.  You can roll the ball in pecan chips or almond slivers if you want.  I usually roll mine in more chopped up dried beef.  Wrap in plastic wrap & refrigerate.  It's best if you make it the night before & they can be frozen if you want to make them way in advance or just keep them on hand in case company stops by.



No comments:

Post a Comment