Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Catching Up

I noticed the other day that it's been a long time since I added to Mom's Kitchen. I've been so busy lately that I haven't tried out many new recipes.  I did go through some family favorites tonight though that I thought you all might enjoy.  As usual, I don't have photos of all of these yet (because I always forget to take them...shame on me!) but I will try to add pics when I make these the next time. 


Au Gratin Sausage Skillet


Picture from www.tasteofhome.com


1# kielbasa or polish sausage, halved & sliced into 1/2" thick slices
2 pkg. (5-1/4 oz. ea.) packged au gratin potatoes
2-1/2 cups of water
1 pkg (12-16oz) of California blend vegetables, frozen
1-3 c. shredded cheddar cheese (the amount on this depends entirely on how well your family likes cheese)


Put potatoes with contents of sauce mix & water in skillet.  Cover & cook over medium heat for 10-15 min., add sausage & recover & cook for 5-20 more min or until potatoes are almost tender. Stirring occasionally.  Add veg; cover & cook for 8-10 more min. or until potatoes & veg. are desired tenderness.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Remove from heat & let stand until cheese is melted. 


Makes 6-8 servings



No comments:

Post a Comment