Friday, November 26, 2010

Crockpot Pizza

Another nursing student & friend, Miss Anita :), mentioned to me that her family loved Crockpot Pizza.  She couldn't believe I had never heard of this. She briefly told me what went into her recipe & I found this similar recipe online. Toby LOVED this & said it was one of the better "new" recipes I've made in a long, long time. Enjoy! 



Crockpot Pizza






1-1/2 lbs. hamburger
1 med. onion, chopped
2 cans spaghetti sauce
2/3 pkg. rigatoni pasta, uncooked
3 lbs. mozzarella cheese
olives, peppers, mushrooms - optional
pepperoni


Brown hamburger & onion together and drain. Mix in sauce.  Make alternate layers in crock pot, starting with meat sauce, noodles, pepperoni, olives, peppers, & mushrooms (if using) & cheese.  Ending with a cheese layer on top.


Cook on low for 5 hours.


***I would recommend leaving off the top layer of cheese & adding it about 30 min-1 hr before it's done.  Otherwise the top layer of cheese starts to burn around the edges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment