Wednesday, November 7, 2012

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Since getting this recipe in a email years ago, I've since seen similar ones on websites via Pinterest. Including a site here that has about 2 zillion types of cakes you can make in mugs...ok, maybe not 2 zillion but A LOT! Anyway, this is the only one I've personally tried (& I only post recipes on here that I've tried myself) so I'm going to share this one. If you try one of the others from the above website, let me know how they turn out :)

Labeled as the most dangerous cake recipe ever ('cause let's be honest, do we really NEED to be able to make chocolate cake in 5 minutes with stuff we usually always have around the house?)

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

4 Tblsp. flour
4 Tblsp. sugar
2 Tblsp. cocoa
1 egg
3 Tblsp. milk
3 Tblsp. oil
3 Tblsp. chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug & mix well. Add the egg & mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk & oil & mix well. Add the chocolate chips, if using & vanilla extract & mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave & cook for 3 minutes.@ 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't freak out!

Allow to cool a little & tip out onto a plate if desired.
Enjoy!!!

This is enough for 2 if you really want to share....

No comments:

Post a Comment