Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Easy Skillet Lasagna...My Way

Today's recipe is one I originally found here. While it's delicious when made as described in this link, I've tweeked it a little to make it better suited to our tastes & easier to make. ('Cause we all know I am all about easy-to-make recipes :)

(One side note, my changes do affect the nutritional value so making it "my way" will not result in the same Weight Watchers Point Value if you are a WW person.)

Easy Skillet Lasagna...My Way

1-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 to 1 pound ground beef, browned & drained
1 large onion, chopped (I about 3/4 to 1 cup frozen chopped onions)
1 can mushrooms (or you can use 1 cup of chopped fresh mushrooms)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 cans (14.5 oz each) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 tablespoon basil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons parsley
7-9 lasagna noodles (fully cooked & cut into 1" peices)
       OR
Personally, I think this would be much better with macaroni, but for some reason Toby has a great aversion to macaroni shaped pasta (don't ask me why, I have no idea) so he suggested bow tie or penne pasta. I agree any of these options would probably be good as well.


Directions
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onions & cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
Add garlic & mushrooms & cook for about 1 minute.
Add in cooked hamburger, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, sea salt, & pepper.
Cook mixture until it thickens up a bit & mixture is heated through.

Add noodles to skillet & stir well.
Add cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, & Parmesan cheese.
Stir in parsley.
Cook another 2-5 minutes or until mixture is thick.

Serve immediately with additional basil or parsley if desired.
Makes approx. (4) 1 cup servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment