Saturday, June 26, 2010

Polish Cheese Potatoes

This is another recipe out of the cookbook my Grandma Patton gave me.  I was looking for something inexpensive, easy & different from what we'd been eating when I happened across this recipe. It fit all 3 requirements & has become a family favorite. 


Polish Cheese Potatoes


8 square hashbrowns
2-4 polish sausage links (I usually use 2, but the recipe called for 4 so it really depends on your family's tastes).


Mix: 
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small onion, diced (I often leave this out since I've got some sensitive stomachs in the household & the onion AND sausage can be a bit overpowering.)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
Shredded cheddar cheese


Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish.
Lay out the 8 square hashbrowns in the bottom of the pan
Cut up the polish sausage into small pieces & put on top of the hashbrowns
Pour the soup mixture over sausage & hashbrowns


Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese (or more if you like) on top.
Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment