Monday, December 10, 2012

Crack Potatoes

I originally found this recipe here after coming across it on Pinterest. It sounded like it made several servings so I was waiting for a family function that I could test it out share it at. That opportunity came in the form of Christmas at my Mom's. Turns out they were a BIG hit so here's the recipe.

Crack Potatoes


2 (16 oz) containers of sour cream
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 (3 oz) bags real bacon bits
2 packages Ranch Dip mix
1 large bag frozen hash brown potatoes

Before baking...
Combine first 4 ingredients, mix in hash browns. Spread into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 400 for 45-50 min. 

**Personally, I thought this dish was WAY too salty. Everyone else said it was just fine to them. Regardless, I think I'll try it next time with 1 Ranch Dip mix & 1 Ranch Salad Dressing mix (because the dressing mix is less salty).**

After baking...
picture thanks to http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/01/crack-potatoes.html
because mine were gone so fast I didn't have time to snap a picture! 

No comments:

Post a Comment