Saturday, December 29, 2012

Grandma Ann's Fudge

Today I'm going to do something I seldom, if ever, do...post a recipe I haven't made myself.

Here's why: I am not a fudge maker. Anything that has to "set up" causes me great distress. (Need proof? Ask me to make some No Bakes/Cow Patties).

Anyway, these 2 fudge recipes are my Grandma Ann's (Livi's Great-Grandma on my Dad's side). I KNOW they are delicious & I KNOW they set-up if you are a fudge maker & the "set-up" gods do not hate you like they do me. So, even though I haven't personally goofed up made these, I can attest to their goodness.

Grandma Ann's Chocolate Fudge

4 cups white sugar
1 can (12 oz) PET milk
1 bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 bar German Chocolate
1/2 stick butter
small jar of marshmallow creme
2 tsp. vanilla
Tblsp. of peanut butter (optional)

Boil sugar & milk for 8 minutes.
Melt chocolates.
Remove from heat - add other ingredients.
Stir & put in a 9 x 13 pan.

Grandma Ann's Peanut Butter Fudge

3 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 can (12 oz) PET milk
3-1/2 Tblsp. butter (stick)
small jar of marshmallow creme
2 tsp. vanilla
1 small jar of peanut butter
2/3 of a big jar of peanut butter

Boil sugars & milk for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat - add other ingredients
Stir & put in 9 x 13 pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment