Sunday, December 30, 2012

Olive Garden Toscana Soup

My bestie, Steph, came across this recipe somewhere & made it for me while we were studying for a nursing final one semester. So, I haven't actually made it myself, but I have eaten it & it is every bit as delicious as the Olive Garden version (if not better)!

Olive Garden Toscana Soup

2-3/4 cup chicken stock or broth
1/4 cup heavy cream
1-2 medium russet potatoes
2 cups chopped kale
1/2 lb. of spicy Italian sausage
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

Combine the stock & cream in a saucepan over medium heat
Slice the unpeeled potato into 1/4 in. slices, then quarter the slices & add to soup
Add the kale
Grill or saute the sausage. When cooked & cooled, cut the sausage at an angle into slices about 1/2 in. thick. Add the sausage to the soup
Add the spices and let the soup simmer for about an hour, stirring occasionally.

Serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 as an entree.
(I think Steph doubled it when she made it for 3 of us & she had leftovers for their dinner that night.)

**I've seen some versions of this that add bacon pieces & since bacon is like cheese to me (as in it makes everything better :) , I wouldn't be opposed to throwing in some bacon pieces.**

No comments:

Post a Comment